Responsibilities and Duties:
- Obtain and process product orders, including receiving deliveries, registering, and distributing company package
- Schedule large shipments and plan logistics to ensure that there is sufficient storage space for incoming items and staff on hand to manage the shipments
- Keep files of goods shipped and received by preparing regular shipping and receiving reports for managers
- Trouble shoot shipping issues and customer complaints that arise and work to solve them
- Maintains shipping and receiving logs and maintains files of shipping records. Processes loss freight or shipping damages claims. Verifies freight bills with accounting and resolves errors with carriers.
- Supervises loading and unloading of all delivery trucks. Assures compliance with workplace safety procedures. Limits access to loading docks by unauthorized individuals.
- Receives and inspects external packaging of all incoming shipments. Notifies delivery personnel of any apparent shipping damage and proceeds accordingly. Reviews incoming packing lists and logs and routes to receiving inspection area.
- Receives and process returned goods shipments; completes and forwards return goods authorization (RGA) paperwork. Route service/repair shipments to Customer Service.
- Performs other shipping/receiving duties, as requested.
Qualifications and Standards:
- 1 – 3 years warehouse experience (preferred in an e-commerce facility)
- 18 years of age or older
- High school diploma or equivalent
- At least 1 year of operating Material Handling experience
- Ability to follow safety practices to ensure your safety and the safety of others around you
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work on your feet for most of the day